Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No Pudge! Brownies

This was a long weekend and I deserved a treat last night. I wanted ice cream, but all we had was plain Breyers vanilla and nothing to mix with it. No root beer, no hot fudge, nothing. Until I remembered my box of No Pudge Brownie mix.

I'm going to admit that I am a bit of a cooking snob and I do not like to use mixes for anything, much less baking. However, I've managed to justify the existence of this particular product in my pantry. You see it comes with directions so that you can make just one brownie at a time (or of course you can use the whole box and make an entire pan of brownies, but that defeats the whole point of using this boxed mix for me).

Simply stir one tablespoon of yogurt (any kind - fat free or in my case soy yogurt is all I had on hand) into two tablespoons of the brownie mix, pop it in the microwave for one minute and voila! You have a single serving of a warm, gooey brownie.

I know just two days ago I was raving about my homemade brownies - and those are definitely better than No Pudge - but if I have a whole pan of brownies in my house chances are I am going to pretty much eat the whole pan myself. So, when you have no self-control like me the No Pudge mix is the way to go. The label even makes me feel good - "No Pudge" - with a name like that how can I possibly feel guilty about eating them?

No comments: