Wednesday, May 21, 2008

365 Ways to Make a Difference

I love my "Living Green 365 Ways To Make A Difference" calendar for a couple reasons - I get daily tidbits that remind me of various "greener" ways to live (and many of them I was not aware of) and (the best part) it has an on-line option so my calender is actually paperless! No pages to tear off and throw away everyday, I'm not cluttering up my desk with a paper calendar and my daily "green" tips are sent right to my IN box - what's not to like??

This was the page for May 8th; although I don't use mothballs (I have small children and a dog to be worried about) I had no idea how toxic they were. I also love the natural options for moth repellents.

"Mothballs contain toxic naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene; they should be disposed of only through a licensed hazardous waste handler or a municipal hazardous waste collection program. Avoid buying them in the first place by protecting clothes in closed bags. Also try these aromatic moth repellents: cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, or whole cloves wrapped in cheesecloth. "

No comments: