Friday, May 16, 2008

Meetup.com

If you have ANY hobbies or ANY interests you have to check out http://www.meetup.com/ . You can search by Topics or City (just put in your zip code) and by the power of the internet BAM you are instantly connected with other people who share the same interests and better yet, have organized ways to MEET UP with each other (hence the name :-)

I found a knitting group that meets twice a month there and it's only 2 miles from my home. I would have never found this group or met any of these terrific knitters had I not found them on Meetup.com. I have also found a group that is geared towards arranging group family activities as well as an outdoors group that arranges activities for adults and/or families.

My Hubby went on there to see if there was a group that he could go bike riding with and found that there was and also a few people interested in starting a Vintage Motorcycle group too. This was really exciting for him since he has a (surprise!) Vintage Motorcycle.

So check it out and if you don't find a group for what you like to do in your free time maybe you'd like to start one up yourself.

No comments: