Friday, March 14, 2008

Homemade Peeps?

As I've said before, I love to do all kinds of handi-crafts and I've always thought it would be so much fun to share those with my children. I've had some friends tell me how lucky my kids are because when they get older they are going to LOVE that I like to make all the little creations that I make, especially being able to do all the projects with me. Kids do tend to like projects, don't they?

Now that my daughter is three she is getting to the point that she can be relatively helpful with kitchen stuff, like baking and cooking. She has almost perfected the art of cracking an egg into a bowl without losing any bits of shell. I know some adults that can't do that! Here is a shot of her very enthusiastically making marbled cupcakes:





One of my very wise and insightful friends (Jennifer) mentioned to me her theory that some activities geared for "kids" are really meant for the adults. It's the adults that think it would be fun to tromp around the woods in 25 degree weather for a one hour "Maple Syrup Hike". The kids really don't care and would probably wonder why they were being tortured except for maybe the syrup sampling at the end of the hike.

So, when I came across this project - making homemade marshmallow chicks - I thought of Jennifer. Would this be fun or would this just be an insane project to undertake with young children??

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Making-Marshmallow-Chicks/Detail.aspx

No comments: