Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hello

Hello there! For a couple of years I have thought it would be fun to write in my own blog, but haven't ever done it. Now that I'm a mother of two children (1 and 3 years old), working full-time and struggling with having enough time to do everything I need to do, I thought "why not now?" Ha!

I follow several really wonderful, fun and witty blogs and don't have any grandiose ideas that I can ever compete, but I would like to have a place to write my thoughts, post my pictures, recipes and other ideas and if anyone else out there finds it interesting then I'll consider it a bonus!

I'm a 40-something mother of two, I live in the suburbs of Chicago and work in the city. I love working in the city but now that I have two little ones, it's a little tough but I'm adjusting.

Pre-kids I had lots of hobbies - I loved to read, cook, play with my dogs (I had a greyhound and an Irish terrier), bike, walk and do all kinds of crafts. I made handmade paper, homemade soap, mosaics, needlepoint and knitting.

Post-kids I still have one greyhound but really only have time to knit and read the paper (but only on the train ride commute to and from work). Thank goodness for the train, my little slice of peace and quiet (but for the wonderfully inconsiderate cell-phone-talkers but that's another post!) My life right now is figuring out the balancing act of (and in order of priority) marriage/children/work but haven't quite figured it all out, especially where the "ME" fits in. However, I'm determined not to lose out on that one - ME! I'm lucky enough to have a fantastic husband (who I met on the internet, but that is also another post :-) and I'm very blessed to have along with me for this adventure.

No comments: