Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kids and Drumsticks

This is what my 3 year old's place mat looks like after he is done eating chicken. He cleans the bones off like an expert and lines them up. In real life it is one of the funniest things I've seen - that he is so methodical and organized. My 5 year old is no where near as skilled at eating chicken off the bone as her little brother.

However, she does say some pretty funny things. Of course she doesn't mean to be funny which is usually why it is funny in the first place.

Earlier this week I was cleaning her ears post bathtime. She stood nice and straight and said "Mommy, I'm not going to move around so you don't punch my drumstick" at which point I burst out laughing and almost did punch her drumstick, er I mean poke her ear drum.

Those are the moments that really can help wash away a day of stress.






No comments: